There’s an old rule of social etiquette that cautions, “Never discuss religion or politics”, and for good reason. The idea was to steer clear of any subject as polarizing and incendiary as these. Of course, that bit of advice is from a quainter time before online flame wars, when polite conversation was the norm. Ah, the good old days. But if you like your political discourse with a bit of an edge, we’ve got some great news. The web is full of blogs made just for you. Here are seven of them:
- Alex Jones’ InfoWars.com – Alex Jones is out there. He loves his conspiracies, as do the minions who frequent both his website and radio show. All you really need to know about this blog is right here, a conversation between Jones and that bastion of rational thought, Charlie Sheen, about their views on 9/11.
- FreeRepublic.com – For those of you who like your politics served up just right – like way right – this may the right exit for you. There’s plenty of good old-fashioned grassroots conservative spleen-spilling going on, with lots of associated links.
- TheBlaze.com – This sites purports: “Our goal is to post, report and analyze stories of interest on a wide range of topics from politics and culture to faith and family.” So pretty much same as above, except with a zesty religion tang tossed into your salad.
- RightWingWatch.org – Formally, People For the American Way’s Right Wing Watch. Their mission: “… dedicated to monitoring and reporting on the activities of right-wing political organizations, in order to expose the agenda of the extreme Right”.
- Daily Kos – Progressive and liberal-leaning blog founded by Markos Moulitsas Zúniga, the site boasts entries from such names as Senator Barack Obama, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and former President Jimmy Carter.
- Wonkette – A personal favorite, this blog is chock full of snarky political commentary. Humor is always welcome in the cutthroat business of politics. Women’s views and issues are especially strong on this blog’s list of things to talk about.
- Thinktown USA Report - They have a cable TV show in SW Louisiana and their website mirrors the show with a few extras, including archived video and shows and their blog. They are “regular people simply fed up with the current administration”. Complete with tons of YouTube videos, this blog is great for the conservative crowd.
If you’ve ever wanted to debate without impunity, try one of these seven blogs. Comment, interact, and share your own thoughts. You’ll be bound to find one blog that agrees with most of your views. If not, then maybe you should start a blog of your own!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.